Thursday 9 May 2013

Gallbladder removal not obstructing participation at Gathering in Biosemiotics

In March (and April) I went through some health problems initiated by the appearance and subsequent removal of a gallstone. Being in London at the time, I was admitted to Westminster and Chelsea Hospital - where the gallstone was removed - for 4 days, and then to a Norwegian hospital, in Drammen, for a further 2 days, after I experienced internal bleeding (and passed out while on a train toilet - thus falling to the floor, something that caused a rupture of sorts in my ribs) as a complication the day after the procedure that removed the stone. Since then it has been clear that I should have my gallbladder removed.


A couple of days back I was notified about date of surgery: June 7th. This would imply that I would have to cancel my participation at the 13th Gathering in Biosemiotics, to be arranged in Castiglioncello, Italy, June 4-8. However, I was luckily able to reschedule to another date - June 19th, so that I will still be able to be present in Italy this summer.

See also:

No comments: