Saturday 24 March 2012

Assignments for the University of Agder later this spring

This week I was asked to do a variety of things for the University of Agder's Department of Religion, Philosophy and History (where I have previously taught one and a half course, in 2009 and 2010 respectively). I have agreed to be an examiner at this spring's Examen Philosophicum, with responsibility for grading around 90 exam papers (home exam - which thus amounts to 180 work hours formally). This will take place in the weeks after May 21st. I might also be formally asked to be a second examiner at an oral exam in early May (7th, if I am to do the job), but this remains to be agreed. Same subject. On the other side I had to decline the request to teach Examen Philosophicum (more specifically ethics) at Lesbos, the Greek island, since the dates (in late June, early july) collide with other obligations. A pity, since I have been waiting for that call for some 3 years, and have really wanted to teach on Lesbos (the island where I in September 2005 realised that I have two tasks in life, one of which is being a scholar).

At any rate these assignments will bring my aggregate official work percentage up from 63% to 70% or so this year (though I work twice as much, all things considered and with voluntary side projects included).

No comments: