Saturday 21 January 2012

October foray to Rogaland: University, university college visited; teaching job agreed on

In early October 2011 I visited Stavanger and Klepp (Oct. 3-5). In Stavanger I met with Kari Vevatne, Head of department at Department of Health studies, to discuss possibly being temporarily hired to teach philosophy. That meeting went well, as did a meeting with subject teacher Kjellaug Kaldestad Johannessen, who is responsible for the UiS' online Bachelor in nursing, where Examen Philosophicum is included as a compulsory subject. Kari and I agreed there and then that I would work at the department as a teacher both spring (25%) and (100%) autumn 2012, responsible for Ex.Phil. for nursing students and further for a Master course in the philosophy of science and moral philosophy in health studies. Part of the background is that Professor aka philosopher Sebastian Rehnmann will get research leave the autumn of 2012.

At nearby Klepp I then met, for the first time, with the honorable HAS researcher and "bygdeforsker" (rural studies scholar) Rhys Evans, with whom I had already cooperated for a year or so in preparing the Minding Animals workshop "Shared worlds". I thus got to see the Norwegian University College for Agriculture and Rural Development, where he works, in addition to being hosted by Rhys in his home. At the university college I shot a couple of videos for the Shared worlds workshop featuring Rhys, who could not attend after all due to conflicting obligations.

No comments: